Sunday, October 30, 2005

Wanna live life....jalse!!!

Having lived my life in Borivli (a suburb of Bombay) thats filled with a lot of gujju's, I have had my fair share of gujju friends and I must admit one thing about them, they are amongst a lot who actually live a care-free life or mebbe a "I care a DAMN!!" attitude life. (texan style)

Why suddenly this post on gujju's?? thats coz, I met a gujju guy over the weekend, and have learned a really important lesson in life from him. In the quarter century of life or something like that, that I have lived, I have met people who are careful, very careful, cautious, over cautious, careless, reckless and so on - from one extreme to the other, I have seen them all, and this guy was towards one of the extremes, but he still hadnt crossed the "LAXMAN REKHA" to be called an extremist.

Whatever topic we discussed, everything was either a "MAST" (awesome) for him or it was a "JALSE" (gujju for enjoyment/fun, - my interpretation). These two days, have added a new term in my vocabulary - JALSE.

It has also made me think, what will life be if we start living it the "JALSE" way!!!
Too many tensions, too many things to worry about, too many decisions to make and you think about it over a puff of cigarette before sleeping, realizing that another day goes a begging and you missed it.

I want to change myself. I dont want to think a lot, as much as I do. Want to be a quick decision-maker. Want to live life Kingsize... bole to, EKDAM JALSE!!! ;)

3 Comments:

At 11/04/2005 12:32 PM, Blogger s said...

Looks like "this" guy really cast a spell on you, so much to an extent that, you are wanting to change yourself...not that you never wanted to before meeting him this time, but it could be that this meet has given you a strong motivation to do what you wanna do...May be now you can leave such lasted impressions on others :)

 
At 11/08/2005 11:43 AM, Blogger Praveer said...

hmm....will be great if you can really imbibe what you have seen in him. it is all in the mind, and if you can really change your outlook so significantly, that will be a great achievement.

 
At 11/25/2005 4:03 AM, Blogger SOO-BEER said...

yup....living an optimistic life is the best way to live it ... but it does not necessarily mean taking everything light, taking quick decisions or things like that. You can live your life "jalse" even when you ponder over the various decisions you have to take, even when you are careful. The key is "TO BE IN CONTROL" :)

If you are in control, if you know what is happening,if u r well informed, if you look around and keep an open eye/ear, taking in everything, each and everything and then filtering out what you dont need and think over all other things and then take decisions as and when they come, you dont have to worry, as you have thought about everything clearly and everything will be "jalse" :)

Just be confident in what u want to do and what u dont want to do .... do whatever u feel in ur heart that u want to do and whatever u do, do it from ur heart !

Trust me ... you get great satisfaction in seeing that a concious decision that you took actually turned out the best in the future, be it a small decision or a big one !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home