Friday, December 09, 2005

feels like just yesterday...

feels like just yesterday, that I moved out of Rochester...
but, when I look at it, it's been 2 months and greater!!

feels like just yesterday, that I left California on a low...
Looking back, it's been more than a year ago!!

feels like just yesterday, I had my graduation...
but, it's been a year and a half, since the last degree presentation!!

feels like just yesterday, that I last hugged my mother...
it's been a year and add to that another!!

feels like just yesterday, that I left bombay...
it's been more than 3 years, and me still far far away!!

feels like just yesterday, my dad gave me a car to drive...
6 years have passed, and I have still survived :)

feels like just yesterday, the good old days of college...
7 years ago, I decided to go for the engineering knowledge!!

feels like just yesterday, when we waved high school good-bye...
10 years ago we departed, with visions of touching the sky!!

feels like just yesterday, into this world I came...
although, 25 years ago, I got my name!!

things to laugh at, things to cry...
life or something like that, of this 25 yr old guy!!!

-Sumedh
(Seems like just yesterday, You were a part of me, I used to stand so tall, I used to be so strong. - Kelly Clarkson)

6 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 11:09 PM, Blogger SAL said...

Awesome poetry... truly loved it. Feels just like yest. man. Cant believe its been 2 months for u in MD.

 
At 12/09/2005 11:10 PM, Blogger SAL said...

Btw... the old look of sumedhscape was better.

 
At 12/09/2005 11:41 PM, Blogger Joy Ghosh said...

nice ! but khali yesterday ka hi soch raha hai? ki aage bhi kuch kar dikhane ka irada hai? taki aage jake u can look back on yesterday once more ;)

 
At 12/10/2005 1:03 AM, Blogger s said...

very nice illustration of your life :)...keep it up!

 
At 12/10/2005 4:28 AM, Blogger Praveer said...

hmm....nice hearing about the past, but what about tommorrow? instead of looking toward the past, look ahead to the future - the well-earned raise, the overdue trip back home, the next reunion with old friends...

your past has already moulded the present, but you can shape the future.

 
At 12/17/2005 4:04 PM, Blogger SOO-BEER said...

Time just flies by !!!!
I still remember your first day in Buffalo. You were a temp stay in some senior's house at Springville ... I remember the fun that we used to have at heath and northrup, the tp in 2112 .... cannot believe its been a couple of years!!!!

Thank God for Kodak! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home